Lois_Cooks

Sunday, August 16, 2009

"Julie and Julia"

Yesterday, Dale & I decided to celebrate our anniversary (8/19) with a movie & dinner. Well, I told my hubby that "Julie & Julia" were definitely on my movie list. He agreed...& off we went.
I was entertained through almost the entire film, afterall, it was about cooking & blogging.

I never doubted that Meryl Strep is one of the finest actresses around, but now I know it for sure. She had Julia Child to a "t!" And, the gal that played Julie was also very good, although right now I am having a senior moment!

After the movie, of course, I had to make my almost daily pit stop at the grocery store because I really don't like to plan much ahead, nor do I stock well anymore. It just seems like a waste of space in my fridge and cupboard. My thought is this: the grocery store can store things just as well as me & I am in town everyday. So, I grabbed a baquette, broccoli, gouda cheese and eggs. We had wine, cheese, bread, stir-fry veggies and steak on the grill. Absolutely delicious...!

We are in for a busy, fun-loving, week as we head to Sculpture Park (cheery & spoon site) for our sons wedding. It was wonderful to take the time to celebrate a little early!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home